Thursday, July 10, 2008

into letter


Hi! My name is Eliane Gotto. I was born and raised in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I complete my k-12 education in a Catholic private school. I went to FEFISA. which is a Physical Education University in Sao Paulo. Also, I have a degree in classsical ballet. From the time that I was a little girl, I loved dancing. This passion lead me to travel to Japan and Italy. While I was living in Italy I decided that I was ready to embrace a new adventure and I decided to move to United States. My first desire was coming here to learn English and to learn a new culture. I have been living here for the past nine years. Currently, I teach fitness for the Community College

Three years ago, I had a rich experience of teaching ballet for children at University Hight Elementary School in San Diego. I loved the experience! On the top, at that time the vice-principal was a man from Brazil who encourage me to go back to school and get my Credential to start teaching, so I did. While I was working on my BA I had a computer class, but my experience with computer is not big. Mainly I use my computer to check e-mails, do research and type my essays for school. In this class I learn how to work with microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Office. Although, I have a PC I have worked a little bit with Mac.

The San Marcos college of education's mission statement kept my attention because it mentioned the word diversity. Since, I come from another country, it is encouraging to go to a place where diversity is welcome. When I first contact the College of Education, I had a great impression about them. The person who answered the phone was very helpful. Then, when I came to campus for the first time I really felt that I was at the right college to pursue my Credential.

No comments: